why does my 14 month old daughter have a bloated tummy?

She is tiny and only weighs 19 pounds so it's not fat. She is very fun and runs around alot so I do think that she is in pain. Please advise

kabseattle

Asked by kabseattle at 1:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Babies have nearly adult-sized organs. They need big tummies to fit it all in.

If her belly is *distended* (bigger than usual), it's either because she's eating air (carbonated beverages, bolting her food) or because she needs to see a doctor.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Does it look different than normal or it has always been that way?
    Toddlers are supposed to have round bellies... it doesn't meant they are fat, it just has to do with the way they are made... as she gets older the toddler belly will go away.. usually closer to ages 4-5
    But if her tummy looks different than it usually does then she might be constipated or have something else going on that you'll want the doctor to look at.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• its just a baby belly my 2yo is just starting to loose hers :)
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 6:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my 14 mo ds has this too. He weight 20lbs and is 31 inches tall. He is very healthy and very active. This is normal and will go away as he/she gets older.
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 3:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011