Diarrhea adult content

My daughter is a week old and she has really bad diarehea and its making her lil butt irritated were it looks like she has little blood blisters kind of like hemorrhoids but not. Does this make any sense? Its at the point were its hard for her to pass gas or poop. Is there anything I can do for her?

new_mommie_2b

Asked by new_mommie_2b at 1:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let her air out. go out and get the puppy training pads that are diposable and just let her sit on you lap and let her air out. Change her diaper more often. If you are changing her every 2 hours, check her every hour and make sure she is kept dry. Lansino Diaper rash cream works great or atleast it did for my DD.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would lay off of thed wipes and use a warm wash cloth when wiping her. We used to use Budreaux's (sp?) Butt Paste when my DD got real bad diaper rash. I would also let her "air" out as much as possible.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• At a week old, their stools are still loose. It's probably not really diarrhea, but it can seem like it. If you're nursing, put some breast milk on the rash. Even if you're not nursing, at 1 week post partum, it's very likely that you'd be able to squeeze out a little. A cream that I like for bad diaper rash is Triple Paste, but it's like $10 a tube. It works great though. And yes, allow some undiapered time whenever you can, the air will help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2011