Breast Feeding

I really want to breast feed but we're having a hard time latching on. I have flat nipples and I tried pumping but when I do nothing comes out. I tried the electric and manual pump and nothing on either. I don't know what else to do so I've been giving my daughter formula and it really bother me to because I would really like to breast feed but like I'm having problems and don't know what to do.

new_mommie_2b

Asked by new_mommie_2b at 1:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Gen

Answer by Gen at 1:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have a flat (nearly inverted) nipple and I breastfed. It wasn't easy. I got a Latch Assist and it helped a lot. How old is your baby? Your milk might not have really come in yet if your baby is only about a week old. You can also try some Mother's Milk Tea and Fenugreek capsules to help boost supply. I would also suggest trying to get in touch with a lactation consultant, at least via telephone.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• lots of stimulation of the nipples help. Try hot showers or warm compress. Try squeezing the milk out by hand. Anything that will help ur milk come dwn. Once u get the milk flowing. Try putn a little on the babies lip to help him/ her latch on.. Oh and going without a bra helps also.
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 2:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Whatever you decide and whether or not you are able to breastfeed, don't beat yourself up, you are doing great! Contact a lactation consultant and maybe attend a meeting of La Leche. Good luck!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011