I'M FINDING IT REALLY REALLY HARD TO GET MY FRUITS AND VEGIES IN MY DIET WHILE PREGNANT.. I HAVE A QUESTION

I JUST BOUGHT SOME V8 V-FUSION..
IS IT JUST AS GOOD TO DRINK A BIG GLASS OF THAT A DAY AS IT WOULD BE TO HAVE SOME FRUITS AND VEGIES? I DONT WANT TO BOTHER MY DOCOTOR BEFORE MY NEXT APPT IN 2 WEEKS AND I FEEL REALLY GUILTY WHEN I DONT EAT THEM. THANK YOU.

Tamara_Fisher

Asked by Tamara_Fisher at 3:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think it is just as good, i know normal v8 is good for you and is the amnt u should drink. now i want to go buy some lol.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Hi there. I just wanted to let you know that yes, you can drink it if you want. It is all the same honestly. I'll tell you something though. I have never been a big eater on veggies and fruits. I eat some fruits but never veggies. I just had a healthy by 3 weeks ago and I ate Flinstone vitamins sometimes. Look, your body will tell you what you need..I gained the right amount I needed to, I didnt get over weight or underwieght, my baby weighed in at 7.7 and I was at 40 weeks 5 days! He is a great eater and nothing is wrong. You know your body and if you "feel" inside that you are lacking veggie intake then do what you need to, to get them! :) I knew when I needed more liquids and I drank.. I never "craved" certain foods either. ALL pregnancies are different though. So, you do what you feel is right. Dont worry b/c the doctor will tell you what is going on. They test your blood and your pee to make sure your levles are right!
    Good luck!
    Lauren~
    Andrew616

Answer by Andrew616 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Thank you guys! =) lol.. i just drank some and now i feel the heartburn coming on!! errrrr
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 4:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i drank v-8 fusion for my pregnancy becuase it is 100z5 juice and equal to a vegetable and fruit serving
    TinaBeena1216

Answer by TinaBeena1216 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Although v8 fusion will work, the fact is that it's sugar content and the low fiber compared to real fruit make it not as good as eating fruit itself. have you ever considered instead making smoothies at home? Frozen fruit is very cheap, and you can even blend in vegetables (the fruit flavor hides the vegetables flavor) and it will be much healthier for you than a pre-packaged juice.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2008