Need some advice, am a little freaked out right now, PLEASE HELP! *TMI* adult content

i'm 18 weeks prego with my 3rd, last night i had sex with dh and everything was fine. well, tonight i noticed a tiney bit of blood in my undies and started to freak. when i had my 2nd baby i tore and had stitches, the tear site healed as a small lump. well, i examined myself after the blood and realized that the small lump is now swollen and dark purple and hanging off of my vagina, almost like it's going to fall of and that's what's bleeding (very very little) it is now sore, but not bleeding anymore. is this just irriation from sex last night? will it hurt my baby? do you think i should wait to go to the doc to see if it heals/ goes away on its own? has this happened to you before? any idea what it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would call your ob/gyn, just to take a look-see. If the blood is from the scar tissue then you won't have to worry about the baby at all, so that's a good thing. =) However, I'd still want it looked at, especially with all the extra blood flow and possible varicosities (veins) that can occur in the nether regions during pregnancy.
    MagischMom

Answer by MagischMom at 3:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm no expert but my guess is that it was from sex. I wouldn't wait for it to go away on it's own. I would call the Dr's office first thing in the morning and go from there.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Go to your Gyno and ask them as soon as you can.
    MelisaVaughan

Answer by MelisaVaughan at 2:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i would call my obgyn dr and ask for a sooner appt.
    stromy147

Answer by stromy147 at 3:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would def. just go and have it checked. i dont think it would affect baby but still.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 11:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2011