Are you pregnant at the same time as a friend? Heres a little advice,Never tell them what you are naming your baby, THey will steal it!

A question and advice all in one. Only because I have heard of it happening and it sure felt close to me when my sister in law was preggo at the same time. Has this happened to you? Its happened to my mom. Its out there! A name should remain secret. Not only for that reason but then no one can really bug you about what to name the baby. Oh they'll still bring up names but you can politely smile and just say maybe.

MelisaVaughan

Asked by MelisaVaughan at 2:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Amen!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• when my mom was prego with me everyone in the family knew what my name would be wether i was a boy or girl, well my cousin (from my dad's side) was born 2 weeks before me and they named her what my mom was going to name me (as a girl, obviously) but my mom kept my name and just spelled it different, so now i have a cousin with the same name as me. then when my mom was prego with my sis, if she was a boy her name was going to be Dustin, well my grandparents (again on my dad's side) named their new dog Dusty. people are rude sometimes.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• ha ha well I have yet to run into this problem, mostly because all i seem to have are boys and my friends are all prego with girls.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• well me and my friend were two weeks apart and we had our own names but last week she lost her baby at 16 weeks :( now i feeel like i cant talk to her about my baby cuz i dont want to hurt her cuz of her loss
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 2:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my friend was prego but due 2 months be 4 me and she already had a name picked so i figured it was safe to telll her mine nope the ex friend totally stole my name! never again i keep it secret !
    brookesmama0230

Answer by brookesmama0230 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• That just recently happend to us. We had a name picked out and SO told his friends not thinking. Well one of his friends was having a baby and it was due the first of january. Well the day before his friend had the baby they informed us that they were naming him the name we picked. i was so beyond pissed off. it took us months to finally comprimise on the name. So we went back to looking and i found another i really liked and actually liked it better then the first name. So we are sticking with that and have not told a soul.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 11:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I never told my names. With our 2nd though - we were told were were having a boy, had both boy & girl names picked out anyway, never told anyone our names. We had a couple of friends pregnant & a couple people in our church pregnant, all due within the month before me. First baby of the bunch born: had our girl name. Picked a new name. 2nd baby born - had our girl name as the middle name. Picked a new name. 3rd baby born - had our name. We said fuggedaboudit, said "we're having a boy anyway, not gonna pick out another girl name". Secretly I did - and it was taken by baby #4! Agh! So we had our baby - it was a girl, a girl with no name. Took us a few hours to name her and I've never been happy with "our" choice (Dh told everyone the name before I said I was okay with it).
    Anonymous