Went to see my OB/GYN today ?

She said im 5 weeks as of today and she only saw a gestational sac a yolk sac and a fetal pole but no heartbeat is it to early to see and hear the heartbeat still .thanks.

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 3:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, there can be issues seeing a heartbeat until 10-12 weeks. I wouldn't be concerned. =)

Congrats!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Don't worry about it. =) My OB/GYN doesn't even listen for the heartbeat until the third visit (somewhere around 12 weeks, I think). If there was a reason to be concerned, your doctor would have told you and probably ordered two rounds of blood work.
    MagischMom

Answer by MagischMom at 3:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yeah it's a bit early to see it. But by six-seven it should be visible on ultrasound. They won't listen for it with the doppler until 10-12 weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I didnt get to see or hear mine til after 12 weeks.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 10:56 AM on Jan. 21, 2011