What happens if your baby gets stung by a bee?

This did not happen but I am curious about it. I was taking my baby for a walk and I saw a bee flying around and wondered what would happen. Do you take them to the hospital? What if they are allergic? How would you know? Did this ever happen to anyone when their kids were babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter got stung when she was probably around a year old and I just watched for a reaction (extreme reaction at the site, swelling, breathing trouble). It was a little scary, because in my head I was thinking how much smaller she is getting the same injection of toxin from that bee, but she was just fine.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Ice the bite area- make sure the stinger is out & watch for signs of allergic reaction. If there is any signs of allergic reaction call 911 & get to the hospital!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 6:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think you'd do the same thing as if you were stung, but augh! I'm freaked out about this! I'm one of those people who run away from bees, so I was always freaked out about what I'd do if a bee came around the baby...I'm SO glad it's winter now!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008