what kind of binkies do your kids use?

my 6 month old is getting his bottom two teeth at the same time and im worried that his binkie may affect the growth of them. hes been using MAM binkies since he was born but i recently went out and bought him Playtex Ortho-Pro to try and switch him. hes not having any problems with the switch but im just curious to know what pacifiers you ladies use/used for your kids and why?

lululovexox

Asked by lululovexox at 6:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think both mine use playtex...i really don't remember, i kind of just grabbed a binky off the shelf that was the right nipple size. i can tell you though that my hospital gave us one of those ortho-Pro ones and my DD hated it...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I used Nuks- its the ones my kids took to- they both hated mams. My ped told me pacifier use was fine, no problem with teethe development- but make sure to pull the plug by 2yo's.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 6:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My twins both used the hospital Soothie ones. They were in the NICU for 7 weeks and that's what the hospital gave them. A friend bought a WubbaNub for them. It's a Soothie with a little stuffed animal attached. They loved that one. BTW, the Soothies in the store are much different than the hospital ones. The hospital ones are actually softer so if that's what you go with, ask the nurses for an extra or two.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I don't believe in binkies. I never gave them to my kids.
    longisland

Answer by longisland at 7:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'd tried to push the Avent ones, but he didn't really care for them. The hospital gave us the Nuk brand, and I also had some at home...and that's what he uses, though now he prefers his thumb! Arg!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• SMOOTHIE thats what the hospital gave him. Its they only one he'll use.
    Anonymous

• Gage uses the mam ones, too. He won't take anything else!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 8:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I used mam. They were a shower gift and the same brand I got from the hospital. My daughter like them better than the ones that had to go in a certain way. Plus they have the ones with the teething bumps so those helped with teething.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• ... from reading the respones, I'm guessing that either the brand doesn't matter, or that hospitals just give out whatever samples they have :)
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Nuks!!! Its the only kind my son will take He's 10 wks old and gives me a dirty look if i give him anyother brand!!
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008