What color would cordinate well with soft green/tan furniture? (Paint that is!! For my livingroom)

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Okay I think what I would do would be to do cream walls with one accent wall either deep country red of deep navy blue. I would also get a floor rung that coordinated with the couch and had a touch of the accent wall color. I would also get a blanket of throw pillows with the accent color in it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• depending on the shade of green my first thought was a county red.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I am one of those people where the colors all have to match.  So if I had green/tan furniture, whichever color was used less in the furniture would be the color I painted the walls.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would use a shade darker than the tan you have in the furniture if the room is good sized.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• A tan with pink undertones

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would go with a darker color maybe a chocolate brown....I have tan couches in my living room and I have a darker richer shade of green in it....one of my favorite color ever...It's called basil i think.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i'd go to Lowes and check out their color wheel. you go to the opposite side of the color wheel on your primary set colors of furniture.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm thinking a warm cream or straw color. Then, you can accent with pops of color in the room...red pillows, red in a piece of artwork, and a red throw (or whatever color you love). Accent with color in 3 various places around the room so that it looks intentional rather than accidental. When you get tired of that color, you only have to change the accessories, not the entire room, which keeps things fresh. Good luck!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would go with a bold or jewel tone color (olive green, navy blue, barn red, antique gold)--at least an accent wall to, make your furniture "pop." Then add coordinating but contrasting accents to "pull" the less dominant colors around the room (makes it appear larger).

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2011