Why do we reach for the mountain tops, and continue to climb to the top when all the lush green growth is in the valley?Nothing grows on the mountain tops, it's just rock and snow up there.

It's a Metaphor of course.
Thanks in advance for all your responses

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 7:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I think people reach for the mountaintops for the feeling of accomplishing it, not for the "terrain". And the view is so amazing up there!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• To test the limits of our physical endurance and because once you reach the top the view is breathtaking. It also makes one appreciate the lush green valleys even more. It does give one a sense of accomplishment. If one can make it over that obstacle there's pretty much nothing that can get in their way.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sure is a beautiful view at the top though! Perhaps literally and metaphorically. :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Cleanest source of water is at the top......in the valley, you don't know what's bathed in the water of used it as a facility on it's way down...........
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I agree vicesix- have you been to the top of a 14,000 ft mountain- the view is amazing-the air is clear and the sense of accomplishment is amazing-literally and metaphorically- ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Koukla- interesting take on it- I saw it as being the best you can be right now in this lifetime rather than just living life on cruise control-but I see how you saw it differently-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My view....it's the journey we take that counts. It's the moments along the way that we remember. But we must always strive to be better, do better, feel better.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Possibly as humans we are never satisfied with what we have and always want more.. Its the optimism that something better is on the otherside.
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 12:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• "why are we concentrating and thinking so much of achieving a perfect afterlife, and not appreciating what we have here during our lives?"

LOL I think the opposite. Why worry about this life when I know what the real future holds?
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011