What do you feel like you've learned the most in life?

This could be about parenting or just life in general.  If you could pass on what you know about what you've learned so far, what would that be?  Feel free to give more than one answer, you don't have to pick just one!

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 7:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That life is what YOU make of it. Every choice that we make dictates the outcome of the next moments. Nothing is predetermined, nothing is set in stone. Everything is what you make of it.

Life isn't going to come to you, you have to go out and get life. If you sit around waiting for life to happen it's going to pass you by.

Parenting is only as hard as you make it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Everything passes, just when you think something is going to hit you and ruin you itll pass right by and be over, so dont stress out.

Always be good to yourself.One quote I tell my kids is "If you dont buy yourself ice cream who will?". Meaning, do some stuff for yourself, its alright. People will see you love yourself, are confident, and caring.

Have a sense of humor, especially with kids and your husband. It helps A LOT!

Run, dont walk, from toxic people.

Answer by gemgem at 8:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Our kids are not possessions. They are living, breathing human beings. Our job is to raise them to be self sufficient, independent and productive then release them to practice what we've taught them and build their own lives. Letting go doesn't begin when they are 18, it begins at the cradle and continues throughout life. Letting go is the hardest part. The best part is, if we do it right they will reach out and include us in their lives with welcome arms!
    mamahartt

Answer by mamahartt at 8:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Blood is thicker than water.
    Something my mom always used to tell me and my sisters.
    I never believed it 'till I grew up.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Never try to be something that your not just to make someone else happy! Someone WILL come along who adores you just the way you are.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Parents sometimes really do know best, because they experienced things like you are and they are older and wiser.

When meeting a man, don't jump in. And make sure they have had a job for an extended period of time. AND that they have good credit and not a ton of unecessary debt.

Always take time out to be with loved ones, especially elderly ones, because some day they will be gone and you'll wished.....I wish i would have stopped when I drove by, even though I was trying to get my kids home for nap, lunch, or whatever.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• 1) 'Never regret something that once made you smile'
    2) 'Dont let your fears stand in the way of your dreams'
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• overall off the top of my head, is not to be so trusting of people I don't fully know
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My Dad was right.... Life is NOT fair.

It's not the end of the world till it is and then it won't matter.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 8:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you could pass on what you know about what you've learned so far, what would that be?

It would be that we know nothing. That all anything is is truly the sum of our perceptions and human conditioning.
    zeppelynn

Answer by zeppelynn at 8:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2011