Where can i find a baby book for an adopted child?

My BIL and SIL are adopting a child from Russia and I would like for them to have a baby book for him. I just don't know where to get one. Any thought?

sadyjo31

Asked by sadyjo31 at 8:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Adoption

• Online, babiesrus, craft stores....Just a baby book right? Youre not looking for something that says adopted on it are you?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Not really, but I know they make some that are specially made for adopted children. My BIL is very insistant that Little One know where he came from. they don't want to take his heritage away and I thought maybe they made a book specifically for that.
    sadyjo31

Comment by sadyjo31 (original poster) at 8:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• http://www.baby-memory-books.com/This_is_Me_Adopted_Children_Memory_Album_Russia_p/as-8001-russia.htm

HTH!!
    We adopted from China and bought a book from Barnes and Noble, but I'm not too fond of it..wish I had gotten one of these instead.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Hi there! Here are a few suggestions for you. I have the "This is Me" book for my son that I adopted at the age of seven months. It is great because it has the option to take out pages or add pages as necessary. It had places for information about birth family and any foster families and pages about adoption finalization day and the day they meet etc. It also has all the typical baby book stuff in it. It is great!!!

http://babysakes.wordpress.com/2008/10/14/the-best-baby-books-for-adoption/

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 10:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Check with adoption agencies - I'm a birthmom and when I was making my plan I was given a baby book to fill out as the birthmom - like a regular baby book, but with more stuff about how I made my decision, etc. They also gave the adoptive family a baby book like you're seeking - both were free, and they were really really nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Thank you everyone! You've been very helpful!
    sadyjo31

Comment by sadyjo31 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Don't have a suggestion but kudos to to your BIL and SIL for planning on honoring this child's heritage and beginnings. I think that's great.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i found this one on amazon http://www.amazon.com/My-Family-Journey-Adoptive-Families/dp/0811857379/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295641896&sr=8-1
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I had to buy a special one for our son, even though he was only 4 weeks old. There were too many things we couldn't fill out in a regular one - it would have been half empty. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the company, but I mail ordered it. You can Google "baby book" and "adoption". Ours left out the pages of funny pregnant stories, ultrasound pics, and pregnant mother photos. It had pages for how the parents reacted when they learned the good news and special pages you can add with birth family info or other special things. You can tailor it to highlight what information you do have. God bless them, and I hope for a smooth transition for the little ones.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have seen some on Amazon.com
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011