Are you short of breath in your pregnancy?

This is the first time during any of my pregnancy  I have ever been so short windy. I can clean on room and feel as if I take take in enough oxygen. Is anyone else like this?

sheer_heart

Asked by sheer_heart at 8:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Pregnancy is great isn't it??? lol. I was very winded with my second child
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes!! I thought I was going nuts. This is my 4th pregnancy and let me tell yah, even walking up the stair leaves me out of breath.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Oh yes! 30weeks with twins here and just getting up off the couch makes me feel like i just ran a flight of stairs lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Iam 37 weeks today. The past month I feel like even if I walk to the bathroom I am breathing like a 500 lb man!! Even when I am sitting STILL in church I notice hearing myself breath....wonder if anyone else can hear me...probably so!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I was toward the end. I felt very compressed and lost my breath easily.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Well, yeah. As baby grows bigger, the uterus pushes up on the other internal organs leaving less space for your lungs to expand.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• This is my 4th child third pregnancyand I have never been so out of breath with any of my pregnancy. Goodness I am glad I am not alone and it is a normal thing.

sheer_heart

Comment by sheer_heart (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I felt the same way; with my youngest it started at 20 weeks or so. I carried him really high, and felt like I couldn't take a deep breath.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It can be very normal. However, it's best to talk with your OB to make sure that it isn't anything out of the ordinary.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• it's normal i be havin that same problem i talk to my obgyn an my family doctor an it's just the position the baby is in so you gone have to move around a little
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011