Is 3 weeks to early to go back to work after a re-peat C-section?

I'm a waitress and started back to work after my 3rd week of having my daughter. I was feeling fine after the 4th week which i've been working a week already i've been having major stomach cramping and am now just waiting to see my doctor...what is a good time to return to work after this operation? Especiallysince my job is on my feet and lifting heavy trays and racks of glasses? I thought I was ready because I felt fine plus my Manager kept calling for me to come back already.

JacoBella

Asked by JacoBella at 6:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 3 weeks is awfully early to go back after a C section. I was still pretty uncomfortable at 3 weeks after mine. But hey, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't think your doctor would be too pleased if he knew though.
    Anonymous

• I thought the standard answer was 8 weeks for a c-section & 6 weeks for vaginal birth. I would not go back to work without the obgyn okaying it.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 6:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I remember hearing six weeks for a c-section, but I know it can vary. I was feeling pretty good earlier than expected as well, but feeling good at home and feeling good at work is a completely different thing!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• usually it's 4-6 weeks that u can have till u have to go back to work. Your manager should not be acting this way. Especially when u had a c-section. I'd tell him u need another week or 2
    Anonymous