IS HE READY FOR A SIPPY

my 8.5m old is always going after my 22 month old's sippy cup and he can drink from it is he ready? my oldest didnt get a sippy until he was a year.

2ndiapers

Asked by 2ndiapers at 8:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my girls sippies at 6 months. It took a little bit before they got the hang of it but by 8/9 months they were doing pretty good.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I always introduced a sippy to my kids when they were between 5-7 months, sitting up supported. By the time they were 8-9 months old they were using it pretty well, which made weaning so much easier. He probably simply sees it as an interesting toy, but there's no harm in introducing it and letting him "play" with it to get used to it.

Answer by missanc at 8:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Babies who have older siblings love to see what everything is about!! Get him one and let him manipulate, expore, and use it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sure. There are no rules with sippies. Especially if he can drink from it already, he'll be fine. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I gave my baby a sippy at 5 months. I got an excellent sippy cup the company . NUBY makes it and it has a nipple top it looks like a sippy and is one but its kinda like a bubba too!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 9:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sounds like he is very interested. Even if you only introduce it to him it'd be a good idea to start now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• when u have an older sibling with a younger one. the second kid always wants to do things fast. my kids are 17 months apart and little sissy used a sippy starting at 7 months
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• We introduced a sippy cup (with water) at around nine months.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011