Mommies with Thyroid issues...

When you started taking your medication, did it also help you curb your temper?

I have been told my temper issues (I don't hurt people or anything, but I get highly, highly aggrivated and yell sometimes) could be due to the Thyroid issues I may have by a doctor.

Is that true and will Thyroid medication help? Or will I have to take something different for that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• Been on it now for ten years and it hasn't helped with those kinds of issues. If your temper issues stem from the tired run down feeling you have because of an underactive thyroid, then yes it will probably help. If they don't stem from that, thyroid medication will not help it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It depends on whether the temper issues began when the thyroid started to malfunction. I have taken medication for my thyroid for more than 20 years and it has no effect on my mood or temper.

neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Think it depends on the person and their degree of imbalance. I didn't have temper issues but I was kinda moody. I am not though now and have been on thyroid meds for 6 years now.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2011