Do you touch baby bellys? If so,...why?

I love touching baby bellys (I always ask first, and only my friends/family)
But after I think about it...why do we like touching them, if we do????
I'm not sure why I do to be honest,....maybe to see what it feels like?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I do with people I know and I ask first. My sisters though, didn't ask...had free reign on touching their bellies! For me, I wanted people to but only my sisters, mom and aunts did. When you're chubby, people don't ask to touch your belly!!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I am not a touchy-feely kind of person. I do not touch others baby-bellies and never allowed others to touch mine.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 9:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't like to be touched or touch others. Crazy I know. However I do touch my own pregnant belly. Only when I am ask to do I ever touch another pregnant belly, those bellies have been my sisters.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 9:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No, I don't do it to others but when I was pregnant I didn't mind if people touched mine.

Answer by missanc at 9:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Only family and friends and of course always ask first. I think it is neat to feel the babies move.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• People who haven't been pregnant tend to touch other peoples bellies more than people who have already been pregnant. I think they do it without thinking. Not to offend. I remember when I hadn't had any children and I touched someones pregnant belly the person would either not mind, or get upset. I would think to myself" why are they so uptight?! Is it really that big of a deal?" Then I became pregnant with my first I went out for a friends Birthday party and everrryone even people I didn't know were coming up to me to touch my belly and I hated it! I don't know why but it ticked me off. Maybe it was those pregnancy hormones! haha I don't know.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 9:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No I don't. Unless of course the mom to be offered. My bff insisted I must feel the baby kick so I did. That was probably the only time.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't generally speaking, it seems like an invasion of someone's personal space. The only times I have are with two of my closest friends.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• That, and because we know what precious gift is in there! I never minded people touching my tummy IF I KNEW THEM, and they asked first! But u would be amazed at how many strangers touch ur belly...not cool!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No, I've never understood the need to rub another woman's belly... When the baby gets here, I'll hold the baby. Touching the belly does nothing for me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011