How many grams of fat should i be eating a day to loose weight?

I have 50 + lbs to loose. How do I figure out how many grams of fat i should be eating...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i dont really think its about the fat... its more about the calories.. u need to burn more calories than u eat.. There are good fats from nuts and stuff like that u just have to stay away form the junk food.. chips were my biggest down fall.. I lost 70 pounds and once you start on a health clean diet it isnt that hard to stick with it cuz u see the results and u want to keep going.. Good Luck!
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Thank you! I recently started eating heatlhy and exercising and i've notice a big change in my body, so I must be doing something right... I was just wondering about the fat  because I've been told I needed to eat a certain amount of  healthy fats a day too...but i wasnt sure how much...

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• A healthy diet is 30 grams or less of fat per day. You do need some fat in your diet, but try to get it from olive oil and nuts. Limit the amount of animal fat you take in. Go to the library and take out some Weight Watchers and South Beach Diet cookbooks. Read through the information, not just the recipes.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Like the first poster said, watch you calorie intake. When trying to lose weight you want to consume 1500 calories rather than 2000.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• A couple of things that might help you:

MyPyramid.gov  This can help you figure out what you should be eating from every food group, for your age, height, gender, etc.  Put in your ideal weight, and go from there.

Also, I've lost 42 lbs so far using the Eat Clean Diet.  Part of what it emphasizes is that it's NOT a diet, it's a lifestyle change.  No calorie counting, no fat gram counting.  It's about eating foods that aren't processed, and making good choices.  Here's my journal with the basics of eating clean.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You need a healthy balance of everything....most need about 1200-1300 calorie intake to lose weight. I would keep fat to 40-50 grams per day but in healthy fats like those in olive oil or avacados. Use whole grains, lean proteins and exercise and you'll lose that 50 pounds!

I'm trying to lose 50 pounds myself and i'm already down 12
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• the moms aBOVE GAVE GREAT ADVICE! Sorry for the caps !
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i think you've gotten great advice... good luck
    asil

Answer by asil at 4:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I agree with the others, great advice. Good luck to you! I hope you succeed!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have no idea. Good luck with your diet.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011