My left hand is swelled?

Okay so, i've been having blood pressure problems off and on for a while now. And this weekend i'm doing a 24hr urine to see how much protein is in my urine. To tell if i'll be able to have my induction on Monday. But i don't understand why it's just my LEFT hand and not anything else.. Should i call doc?

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would definitely call him today!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes call him!
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 9:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes it can be indicitive of pre eclampsia!!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, because that could be cause of slowing circulation due to high blood pressure. Call him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I called him, he said watch for blurred vision, headache, ringing ears, and dizziness. If i have anything like that, i need to call him. I've been having this off and on. I do have protein in my urine. But it's just a trace.. it's not officially "there". So i'm doing another 24hr one this weekend. And my kidneys have been killing mee !
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Oh my, YES, call ur doc!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You are just having a hard time aren't you. I don't understand why your doctor is not inducing you now. With all the symptoms you have had it is time for baby to come out! Call your doctor and explain that you have had all of these symptoms and you want to know why he is not taking action. This isn't safe for you or baby.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would be concerned that the swelling was just in your left hand...good sign there's a blockage somewhere I would think...How far along are you?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2011