Am I doing the right thing?

My grandad is very sick he is dieing.. well he is in sc with all of my family but me and my kids and husband are in germany in the miliatry.. Well i want to fly home to see my grandad before he dies but my husband doesnt think its a good idea. He says i would have to fly home with all my kids by myself and that it would cost money and its not worth it.. Hes never been close to his family so i think thats why he thinks that way but i want to see my granddad before he dies.. I would only be able to stay for 2 weeks and i would have to take my girls out of school to go which i think my husband is the most upset about.. Am i doing the right thing by going?

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• i would do it if it was me... Especially if he is so close to the end it would be very difficult knowing that i didnt get to say goodbye or anything like that..
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you are close to your grandfather, you should go. I'm so sorry you are going through this.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• As long as money isn't an issue, then yes go. You will never have this chance again and will regret it if you do not go.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 9:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Do u have any one of your kids parents or friends u can trust that wouldn't mind watching your kids? That way they won't b taken out of school?
    gooftroop070910

Answer by gooftroop070910 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• GO GO GO. My grandma just passed away a couple weeks ago. And I was at her home a lot the last 2 months before hand. And don't regret the decision I made. Actually, my husband was 1000 miles away working for a civilian contracted postion training soldiers at SERE. Anyways, I delayed a move for 1 month because of her. Now, she has passed and it was the best decision I made. That money is worth it. And you'll never forgive yourself. Book the tickets yourself if you have to. He will get over it, and it's plenty good enough reason to take your kids out of school. And since your kids are school age it's not as difficult as traveling with babies and toddlers.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would want to go too. He has to understand you need closer. You need to let your grandfather go and let him know how much you love him. I hope all turns out okay for you and your husband understands your feeling towards this issue.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 9:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sorry you are going through this but i think you are doing the right thing! GO you may regret it if you dont and if you are close you may find that you need that closure and support of your family
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Family is more important than two weeks in school. Your children will spend quarter of their life in their. but your granddad is dying. If you love him you have to see him one last time. You have to say good bye. Flying with two children who are school aged is not a big deal. Ok, not a teeny dream as well. But I don't think two weeks is a big time to be far from your husband and the children from school. Ask your husband if he would go for a holiday that long. He probably would. So don't be upset and do not worry. If you won't say good bye you will regret it in your whole life. Believe me, I know:(

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Maybe you can arrange for the children to stay home and you go by yourself. You are doing the right thing by going to see him.

Answer by Bmat at 9:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would most definitely do it.. I wouldn't care if it costs a million dollars.. you may never see your grandfather again..

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2011