MP3 player question

Okay..my 7 year old niece got this icarly mp3 player for Christmas, but the only problem is..where can I find free music she likes? Right now limewire is shut down, so basically we have this mp3 player and no music to download. Any suggestions you guys can make?

ambr2006

Asked by ambr2006 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If you have CD's you can transfer them into a format that the MP3 player will accept (I think MicroSoft music player does this). I don't know of a download site where you can get free music anymore, it's considered pirating and illegal - the government shut them down.

We use iTunes, and have all the CD's in our collection in there.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• try Frostwire.... it's the same as limewire... just new name
    NothinShockin

Answer by NothinShockin at 11:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm not sure if your mp3 will allow you to add music straight from your music player on your computer, not the internet. So if you have music she likes on cd, add it to the computer, then add it to the mp3....i'm not sure if this helps, but i'm always available! i know a lot about electronics....lol
    mamaziller

Answer by mamaziller at 9:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Ask your friends. Find out what type of files the player will accept and talk to your friends. There are file sharing networks, amazon.com, and many more different types of sites where you can buy or download for free. Buying is way safer.
    skribe

Answer by skribe at 11:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• As the others said, rip songs off CD's onto the computer and then load them onto the mp3 player. Or you can download songs from Walmart.com for around $1/song or download entire albums.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011