sippy cup help

my 14 month old doesnt like the sippy cup i have tried like 10 different kinds but he wont drink out of them.. the only cup he will drink out of looks just a bottle and leaks.. Any suggestions of getting him to like a cup better.. everytime i give him one he throws it..

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take him shopping and let him pick out the cup he wants, he will be more likely to drink from it then.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 9:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• both my kids were like that and so with my oldest we just went straight to a regular cup and she was fine. yea we had some messes but she wasnt allowed out of the kitchen or away from the table with a drink so it worked out well. my other one i got the nuk sippys and she loved those because it felt soft and almost like a nipple and we did that for a while then moved to her favorite sippy which is a playtex. (i hate it because she always drops it on my foot and it hurts like crazy.)
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My oldest DD would drink out of a sippy with a straw. Have you tried one like that yet. I could get her to drink out of the tummy tickler sippies also. They come premade with juice in them and then you can reuse them. You can find them in the juice isle. I didn't have a problem with them leaking.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• let him pick out his own.. Does he like the ones with the straw?
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The only thing that worked for me was just to keep giving it to them. I was so upset doing it at first because my daughter REFUSED and everyone kept telling me when she gets thirsty she will drink out of it just keep giving it to her. So I finally did it and within a couple days she was fine. She would take a drink here and there the 1st couple days when she would get thirsty and then she wanted it all the time. :) Good Luck!!
    Abbysmommy0208

Answer by Abbysmommy0208 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i just got my 14mo on a sippy (he never took the bottle only breast) i let him use a take n toss and two weeks later he started useing the leak proof sippys
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 6:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my son never liked the sippy cup so i took him to the store and he picked the cup with a straw in it and he drank from a cup ever since
    sunshine2723

Answer by sunshine2723 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I found some cups at walmart that my son drinks out of and they don't leak. They are hourglass shaped and clear. The straw is part of the lid and it does not fold down. Mighty Grip 10oz straw cup by Munchkin They are dishwasher safe and are 5.99 for two
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 3:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011