If you have one loose bowel movement a day every couple of weeks is that considered diarrhea? adult content

A few weeks ago I was feeling really yucky in the morning...really anxious and all of the sudden I felt the urge to use the restroom and when I did it was WAY looser and watery than normal but it only happened once. Now a few weeks later I have the same problem....I've had a cold for about a week and have a lot of drainage so I guess that's what caused it this time but is that considered diarrhea if it only happened once during the day? Cause I've been reading and most sites say "3 or more loose stools in a day"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• No, diarrhea is where you have more than two loose bowel movements in one day. It may be something you ate.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 9:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011