Where can I get grants??

We are starting our own business and wanted to know if anyone knows where or how we can get grants??? does anyone know a websiteee?? or something??

xsbnix

Asked by xsbnix at 9:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would talk to your local banks. Try going to gov. com and reading up on what grants you might be able to applyfor. Good-Luck!  Somebody else could probably answer this question for you better than I can.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Your local small business administration can help. Be very careful with searching on-line for grants, there are a lot of con artists out there. (There are websites with the .gov extension that are actual government websites - if you do a search for business grants these sites are ok)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You need to USA.gov or your state's government website.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• THANK YOUU!!!
    xsbnix

Comment by xsbnix (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I found a book in my local library for grants.
    Isaiahsmom05

Answer by Isaiahsmom05 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Unless you are a non-profit, an ecofriendly business or a medical one, it is next to impossible to get a grant. The government reserves grants for only select types of businesses. And even if you do apply, it takes a long time to hear back from them.

Your best bet is a loan. Try your local bank or the SBA.

If you need advice on how to run a business, check out SCORE and if your state has one the Small Business Development Center.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2011