Little man's hands

My 4 and 1/2 month old son REFUSES to have his hands covered at night when I tuck him in. I put him in a short sleeve onsie, then over that I put a fuzzy long sleeve pajama onsie, and he's covered with blankets (and the heat is obviously on) but when I check on him through the night his hand are like ICE! Do they make little glovies for babies his age? If not, any ideas on how to keep his hands warm?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 9:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They make little gloves to prevent babies from scratching themselves - but if your little guy doesn't like his hands tucked under the blankets I'm wondering if he will like having gloves on?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• put on a night-gown or pajamas with sleeves that are too long for him. They do make little mittens for babies too. I've found them at Walmart, 2pair for a dollar or something like that. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Do not put blanket for a 4 and half month old baby's cot. He can block his airways and kill himself in the cot. There are really good sleeping bags for babies. No blanket and no pillow. There are good cot pillows attachable to the cot. But wondering pillow can kill as well. The baby's hands and legs usually are cold. If they are healthy. But if you are concerned than I agree with BisketLiss about the bit bigger onsie so the sleeves can cover his hands. If you put gloves on him, maybe he won't sleep at all because he will be annoyed or (more likely) he will take the gloves off:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you can also use baby socks to cover little hands:) prolly wont like it tho!!!
    jlap

Answer by jlap at 10:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2011