How can one find a Christian mate?

My mother who has been a widow for over 37 years has really been getting to me. She is recently became very verbally abusive to me. She was about to get married last year but it fell through. She has stated that she believes that my hubby is physically abusing me, which he is not.  She almost seems jealous of my relationship with my husband.

So I was thinking maybe if she got a Christian mate and eventually a husband, she wouldnt be so mean to me.  But where can one find an older  Christian mate?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• church or eharmony perhaps
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Christian men can be kooks and abusive, as well. Even the priests can be pedophiles. I'd just stick with finding a good man period, regardless of what their religious beliefs are.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• How would a christian mate change your mothers behavior? She needs to change on her own or she'll just act like that towards a partner.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If she has had a recent change of behavior like that, she should get evaluated by a doctor for depression, early dementia, or other underlying condition. She may have a hard time finding any mate if she is abusive.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• down thumb all ya want, it doesn't make it untrue lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I agree with Zoey.. what makes you think only Christian men are good.. Any one person can be abusive or just not good. Try to just find her a good man or let her find one for herself.

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The best way is to pray. That's what I did. But I don't know if that's the real solution to the problem.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Match making websites would be a good place to start.  You can list all the qualities that you're looking for.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No we are Christians, she can only marry a Christian, not a pedophile, abuser or whatever else you mentioned. If you are not a Christian you would eventually have a problem with her attending church and/or would not want to attend church with her. She wants a man that is a Christian that doesn't cheat, drink, go to clubs, is not gay or lazy will not abuse her or children. She wants him to be intelligent. She wants a nice gentleman like I have.

35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You don't want to here this, but if your mother is becoming abusive to you simply because she doesn't have a partner, then she shouldn't have one. She needs to focus on WHY she is angry and fix those things first... If and when she is comfortable with herself and happy alone THEN and only then should SHE (not you) start to look for a partner. Now, when it is time for her to find someone SHE (again not you) should be looking in areas where she has interest. Have her take a class, join a group, volunteer... Once she is involved in things she is interested in THEN she can find someone with similar interests who will be a good match for her.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2011