hubby snoring

oh im so upset my hubby snores so loud he can rattle the windows. at one time we have our own bedroom,cause of his snoring,now we have moved to a little rv because we lost our house due to losing his job. so we moved here to az.And we are living in the rv until i can buy a larger place.i cant sleep cause the snoring is in my ears.i tryed earplugs but i can still hear him. am about ready to stick a sock down his thoat..does anyone else have this problem? jerigale

jerigale

Asked by jerigale at 10:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• My SO snores too.. and so does my three year old! lol.. It doesn't bother me.. but you can get some nose strips to put on him and it should help.

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I am in the same boat. My dh tried the nose strips. They didn't help him any it won't hurt to try though. Do you have an ipod? Maybe listen to that while you are trying to go to sleep. I have had to do that before.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My husband used to snore like that. Not since he had a sleep study done. He has to use a c-pac machine and it is a miracle of medicine. He no longer snores. It had been six years since has snored.  Ifit wasn't for that machine I don't know what I would do.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you have insurance I'd do like sheer heart said, get a sleep study. Sleep apnea is a nasty thing that can lead to many medical problems and even death if not treated.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Mine was awful. I was sleeping with noise cancelling headphones (which was seriously uncomofortable, by the way) on my head. I asked for them one Christmas because of the snoring. You could still sort of just a little bit hear the bassy rythm of the snoring, and that was still annoying to me. I finally got him to talk to his doctor and go to a sleep study! He got a C-PAP machine, which isn't very sexy, but he hasn't snored a night since! And the machine is quiet too. I thought he'd sound like Darth Vader or something, but it has made a world of difference in our home!!! There are also dental appliances you can get from qualified dentists. The rub with those is that your husband has to be a mouth-closed sleeper or they won't work.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My Dh only used to snore when he used to drink, does your Dh drink?
    I know the more he drank the louder he seemed to snore.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• sounds like sleep apnia, i snore too need to see a DR may need adnoids taken out, i hear they have a spray you can get at the drug store to help it, or make him lay on his belly!
    NothinShockin

Answer by NothinShockin at 11:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Try breathing strips, they help Dh breathe better so hee doesnt snore so much.. But if it is so loud then I gree as well to do a sleep study. They are well worth it.
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 12:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I hear ya!!! My dang dear blessed dh has this problem, and I now understand why some couples sleep in seperate bedrooms. The snoring can sometimes be caused by weight gain. The fat in the back of the throat actually cuts off the breathing, scary!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Oh my god my hubby only snore when he is sick and i can't get any rest at night when he does. I think god that he doesn't snore on the regular!
    Minerva_07

Answer by Minerva_07 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011