How do women have so much confidence?

I'm talking about the one's who are proud of their body, don't need a man to make them happy, know they look cute no matter what they're wearing or doing, etc.

The one's who tell you to get confidence in yourself.

Also.... do they realize that some of us (at least me) literally DO NOT KNOW HOW to gain confidence in ourselves?

I've tried telling myself positive things, being positive, etc.... I've tried working out and eating better, etc.

But I suffer from depression so that makes it wwwaaaayyyy harder to do things like "feel better" (oh how easy that advice sounds when you say it).

So, HOW do women gain this mysterious confidence? What's the secret?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think part of it goes back to how they are raised, but part of it is simply their personality. I wasn't really raised in a way that's very conducive to producing self confidence, yet I have never in my life seen a need for someone else or felt uncomfortable in my skin. It's all about looking in the mirror naked and loving what you see. I'm a firm believer that if you don't like what you see you either learn to love it or change it... So that's what I've always done. I honestly don't know how to tell someone else to do it. It's just part of how you think, and that's hard to change.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• They fake it like an orgasm. lol

laughing

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Confidence means you focus on things you are good at and what are good in your life. And you kind of realize what is your bad side and use it as your good side. IF you know what are you not as good at than you know you won't choose that to do. If you are good at talking, being as friend than you won't go out and sell yourself as a karaoke star, you will find a nice place to talk. So instead of telling yourself: ugh I can't sing, you can just find out what are you good at and be happy for it. You have to learn how to walk before you could fly. So if you want to have a castle, first you have to be thankful for your house, home. You have to build yourself of brick by brick. And when it comes your not so good part you have to learn to say for people who criticise you: well, ok, tell me some new. I knew this for 100 years:P Mahw:) The first and worse thing to be enough good for yourself:) And after nothing matters:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Just because a woman is confident, doesn't mean she is lacking in insecurities. We ALL have insecuritites. I am a fairly confident woman, I am attractive, strong, have an amazing marriage and kids. For me it came with age, i'm 40 now and know whats really important to me. I also have depression, but it doesn't have me. I'm not a stick figure, I'm well rounded body wise. Although i'm not a big fan of my body right now, I know that for my age and height I look good. I've had to break free of the emotions of confidence and use logic when defining myself, tis NOT easy because I am NOT a logical person. Sometimes breaking away from the norm is all ya need
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• thats what i would like to know! lol
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I kind of have confidence.. just not when Im naked! lol

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You also have to remember its not how it looks its who u are. I am a confident woman who has at least 20 extra lbs so I am not a hottie by any means. I love my life and who I am. You have to like yourself first the rest will come.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You have to believe in yourself. Pump yourself up. Take a personal inventory; what things do you want to change to make YOU happy? You have to like yourself first, confidence comes pretty easy after that.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you do anonymous things for people in need, or for anyone...you will gain confidence. They have been practicing this way of healing for a while now. The Dalai Lama always says that we feel better about ourselves, when we love other people & help other people. Looks like he was right.

When we help other people, we are also helping ourselves. It also makes you not think of yourself so much. People with low self esteems can be self absorbed because they think of themselves & their own issues way too much, then they get lost in the pit they created for themselves. By doing helpful things for others, we are taking our pitiful selves out of the situation & instead, putting that energy towards someone who needs help. And that makes people feel good about themselves. Try it. Help someone in need & then come back on here say your confidence has not grown even just a tad. I promise you it will grow by helping others.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The best thing you can do to find out what you don't like in yourself and try to accept it or try to start to work on it. IF you are down you can just tell yourself: ok, it is poo now but I am working on it. Every day I make myself a little better. And focus on the way. IF you have depression than doing exercises is a really good thing against it. Other good thing: find a hobby, change your work, work with children:) Or cooking:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2011