Does anyone feel Stuck?

i got pregnant with my son when i was 16 and at first i did feel like i had to be with my now DH because he was the father of my baby... How did you or do u feel?

knm51504

Asked by knm51504 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I felt that way when i was got married at 19 with my DD's father. But, i eventually left him because things were not good. So, i don't feel stuck anymore....but i did then.

I do not feel that way in my relationship now though.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• How old are you now?
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes I felt stuck and then I got unstuck. I divorced and found myself. Now I feel great about who I am.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• im 22 now.. I dont feel like that anymore but everything just happened so fast for me within 1 year i had a baby moved out and living with my DH and baby..
    knm51504

Comment by knm51504 (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Life is short, get yourself unstuck.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My opinion is that even though he fathered your child, doesn't mean you should stay with him....Are you all right?
    mamaziller

Answer by mamaziller at 10:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you dont want to be with him..then don't
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• we are great now... love him to pieces :)
    knm51504

Comment by knm51504 (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Be true to yourself is my best advice. Another thing to remember and this was huge for me... Relationships are constant work and you will not wake up one day to bliss. I thought this when I was 22 and after going to a counselor I realized that is what I was striving for. It takes two people that are willing to work at it for the life of the relationship.

I am not saying to stay I am just sharing my experience. I have been married for 15 yrs and sometimes we barely made it thru.

I hope that helps a little.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I get what your saying. I couldn't date until I was sixteen, and the first guy I dated I am now married to and have kids with. I love him to death, he is the best hubby and father, but every now and then I just feel like I never got to be my own person. I never got to even date for the fun of dating. When I got engaged to him we were pregnant, but that wasn't why we got married, and at that time I asked myself if losing him was worth having some of that carefree fun. and every now and then I still have to ask myself that. We have been married for almost five years, it has nothing to do with me not loving him, it just has to do with me feeling like I never got a chance to be me... it may be a little selfish, but everynow and then you have to feel a little selfish. If he is worth staying, stay, there will always be would of could of's, but there may be no going back, but if you're just not happy ... maybe it's time to think of u
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 10:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2011