When is a good time for us to start trying for our second baby?

We have a 8 1/2 month old daughter & would like to give her a brother or sister in the future but, we want our kids fairly close in age & not spread apart.

sweetbug27

Asked by sweetbug27 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Whenever you are ready
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No advice for ya there. my kids are 5.5 years apart and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've heard that 3 years is perfect though
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My twins where 2 when we had our other son. They are close to one another and we love it that way. However, are new baby due in May will be 13 and 10 years apart from one another and I am hoping all will go well still.
    sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Recent studies have shown that children born less than two years after an older sibling are more likely to be born with Autism or other medical issues.
    Consider this: You spend your entire youth building up fat, minerals, and vitamins in your body. When you are pregnant, your baby takes much of those stores, and after a baby, while nursing, you continue to use up what you've stored in your body in the past 15-20+ years. If you do not give your body time to recoup and begin storing up again, then when you're pregnant with baby#2, there is less for your body to use, and baby#2 doesn't get as much as baby#1.
    I waited 3 years.got pregnant with baby#2 the month before my DS turned 3. I'm glad I waited because I know that my body has had time to build up stores again (this doesn't mean getting fat or being overweight, I was 134lbs when I got pregnant the second time.) 6months pregnant and not sure about their relationship yet.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2011