help me

hi ladies i was wondering if anyone could help me. I have this plum like color on wy wall and i cant figure out what color curtains to get. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

blakemom

Asked by blakemom at 10:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• White or a pale lilac color
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Off white or brown
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Anything in the cream family - off white, beige, keep it lighter though, nothing too dark. Even a pale yellow would really off-set it. Gold or silver, if you like showy. What other colors do you have in your furniture/the room? Pick out something that's already there and match it - a stripe in a pillow, a flower, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sounds like a pretty color and that you're adventurous! Good for you! You don't say what room this is, so I'm not sure if it's more formal or more casual. If it's formal, what about a shimmery gold or silvery color? If it's more casual, I like a pretty yellow with plum. You can look at the color wheel and pick one color on the opposite side from plum, or pick the two colors next to plum, or 2 colors in a triad shape (green and yellow/orange, although I think this is my least favorite). Tell us which one you decide.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I think crisp white Battenburg lace or crochet panels an/or valance on a decorative rod would look lovely!

This is my favorite site for Curtain ideas!

They'll send you free swatches too!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2011