don't you think this is rude...people should just let it go.

this womans daughter committed suicide a couple of days ago. ever since on facebook the same few people have been posting " RIP..i miss her".. i understand they may miss her. ..but i just think its rude to post that on your wall throughout the day for her mother to see it over and over again. How will the mother be able to cope if they keep bringing it up?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• How is that any different than getting sympathy cards? If it bothered the woman then she should tell the well-wishers to stop posting things on FB.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I lost my baby boy and none of my friends bring him up unless i do and that upsets me so i would make you wonder would she miss the comments if they werent there i think she would. She would think then that people have forgotten about her!! Her pain and loss will always be there no matter what anybody says or does. Speaking from personal experience
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 10:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• maybe i'm different...i wouldnt want to see it or hear it. plus everyone saying .."oh, she is in a better place." i thought christians believed that if you killed yourself you went to hell??? it wouldnt be to comforting for me having people post all that crap.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Why do you automatically assume that the posters are Xian and they think she went to hell?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i just think you can be there for someone without bringing it up. you could say "i'm here if you would like to talk".. ..just some of the stuff people say i personally wouldnt want to hear.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You think it's crap people are expressing their condolences on a public page? Yikes.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm sure if she did, she would ask for them to stop or just delete the page.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i dont assume..i know they are christian..they are my family
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i just think they are "over expressing"
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• That is how YOU feel. You can't determine how one should feel or express themselves. Let it go. I'm sure if it becomes an issue with the mother, she ill take care of it.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I understand what you are saying and I think similarly to you. Funerals are awful for me, and everything after. I am traumatized by the pomp and circumstance of it. I don't like the viewings and the parading past the body. I don't like the pathetic looks of sympathy and the hugs from strangers. I don't like the procession to the cemetary where pedestrians stop and other cars pull over out of respect. I was so overcome at one funeral that I could no longer drive the car and someone had to come back looking for me when I didn't show up at the gravesite. I think it's awful that a grieving family should be expected to sit down and write thank you's for all the food, flowers, donations...I know not everyone feels the same way I do, and I respect the traditions, but I am likeminded to you. If I were this mother I would rather grieve privately and in private with others, not have it plastered across the internet.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011