What would say?

How would you handle a talk between your 13 yo daughter and her friend telling you that her friend was staying over-night with this girl and this girl was trying to get my daughter's friend to make out with her? My daughter's friend didn't and left the room they were sleeping in till morning and they left. What would you tell them/ask them, etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would say GOOD FOR HER for leaving the room. Its never OK to try to pressure someone into doing something they don't want to do.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'd say your daughter's friend handled it correctly and that you should probably just leave it be.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would be glad first of all that both girls felt comfortable enough to come and talk with you about it. But I think I would take it a step forward and encourage the other girl to have a talk with her parents about the behavior that happend because as a parent myself, I would want to know if something like this happend to my child.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Kids have such a hard time knowing who they are today and it can be scary at times. Confusion abounds. Understanding is usually all kids need when dealing with growing up. Things get crazy and turned upside down, but as long as kids know that they have an understanding adult in their lives who will not judge but instead listen, then it becomes easier to learn all the lessons of life. Understanding and just listening(not solving always), are key. Peace.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 5:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would praise her for NOT falling under peer pressure. She did the right thing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Your DD friend handled the situation the best way possible and just letting them know that this is the right decision to make in the future will help with their self confidence.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2011