Sexual assault perpetrators

What do you think would be the appropriate sentence for one?

I know this can be a complicated question so let's break it down a bit.

What would be appropriate for a rapist?
What would be appropriate for an adult who sexually assaults another adult?
What would be appropriate for an adult who rapes a child?
What would be appropriate for an adult who sexually assaults a child?
What would be appropriate for child who sexually assaults another child?

Do you think current standards of sentencing are enough?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 10:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think current standards are enough, but my answer to what they should do in any of the given situations is the very same. Castration. That'll do the trick.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Unless they're really sick and find other ways of doing their dirtiness. Then the next answer would be shutting them away. Oubliette, anyone?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The rest of their life on an island with nothing but sharks around.............and keep them there all of them
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I do NOT think the current standards are enough.

Adult to Adult=depends on the severity of the crime, and the mental compitence of the victim, but i'm sure the standards are not high enough.

Adult to Minor (15+ consentual) i still think is wrong and punishable by law

Adult to Minor (non-consentual), i'm sure the standards are not high enough for my take on it

Adult to Child= lock this person away.

Thankfully, i have not been in any of these situations. I think we need to listen to the victims more. They suffer a lifetime. I don't care if one says they are "rehabilitated" (i don't believe in that), especially if it was violent, forced, to a mentally delayed or otherwise vulnerable ind., or to a child, they had to know what they were doing was WRONG, and they made the choice to violate another person.

boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• In all honesty, send these offenders away to an island surrounded by sharks and parana's and let them fend for themselves.

As for a child offending another child...that's my only exception to rehabilitation. Get the child help, years and years of help, as i'm sure they may be a victim too.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't think current sentencing laws go far enough. I think truth in sentencing should not only be strictly enforced, but DOUBLED!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The current laws are not even close to being strict enough.

What would be appropriate for a rapist? LIFE-NO parole

What would be appropriate for an adult who sexually assaults another adult? LIFE-NO parole

What would be appropriate for an adult who rapes a child? LIFE-NO parole

What would be appropriate for an adult who sexually assaults a child? LIFE-NO parole

What would be appropriate for child who sexually assaults another child? Here, I'm not sure....I'd say rehabilitation is a probability. Get them help.

I always said that if anyone ever hurt my child, the courts wouldn't have to worry about them, it'd be ME they would be figuring out what to do with.

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2011