Disney World or Disney Cruise for first time 5 year old?

My DD just turned 5 and I just found out that i am pregnant. So I would like to go ahead and take her since it will be a couple more years before I want to take a baby. Would the cruise or actual Disney World be better? My hubby has been but my daughter and I have not. I am sure we will go back in a few more years once the baby is older. And wondering what would be the best time of year. I am due in Sept.

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 10:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Travel

• Disney World.

It's unbearably hot down here from May - September so definitely go before then.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i never went on the cruise but every1 loves disney world! SHe will love it especially the princesses! i agree with craftingmama too hot at those times it can really ruin the experience
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Does she like princesses and mickey? My daughter was 6 the first time we went on vacation and we went to Disney World.  She didn't like the characters and the lines were way too long. We went the next year to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, she had so much fun. I recommend going there unless she really likes the characters at Disney.

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 10:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• we went on a 4 day disney cruise back in 06, june to be exact!!!! OMG!! it was soooooo much fun for all!! no stress about lines and things like that, EVERYTHING was planned out and taken care of ! the kids still talk about it to this day!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 11:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Disney World
    I recently have done both Disney Cruis I feel is really more for grown ups...I actually think Carnival did a better job for kids on a cruis but Disney world is the ultimate kids adventure
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm going on a Disney Cruise next summer, Here's are some of the advantages as far as I can see.
    When it's hot-you go back to your room for a while, refuel, drink water, cool down.
    When your 5 y/o gets tired, you go back to your room & rest, and you don't feel like you've wasted all your money b/c you paid to get into the park.
    There are free shows every night on the cruise and other things for the kids to do so they will be plenty entertained.
    Everything's included other than extras so you'd be able to plan for your $.
    The will have all the characters on the cruise, they're not going to be able to ride rides, but you can do that at a fair.

I still want to go to Disney one day but I feel for my daughter's age and personality this will work best for us right now and then we can go to Disney later on when she can enjoy it more and be able to hang all day.
    Have fun and good luck w/ whatever you choose!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• disney world
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We live in FL (near Disney) and we just took our 5 year old and 7 year old on their first ( and ours) Disney cruise. They LOVED the cruise!! They cried as we walked off the ship our last morning. We have been to Disney World several times, it's hot, you have to stand in line for everything for very long periods of time, you pay for every single little thing...but on the cruise, pretty much once you pay for the trip, you don't really have to spend much money. The kid camp and labs were totally cool. The kid camps stay open late so that you are able to enjoy some adult time and the counselors keep the kids busy having fun. They have story time with the princess's, etc. Also you don't have to fight huge crowds to see the characters, we never stood in a line more than 20 people long. The food was great! The kids can have Mickey Mouse ice cream bars every night for dessert if they want. I would choose the cruise.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2011