Is there something wrong with this Picture?

Ok... my friends are trying to hook me up with this really "Nice" guy... ok I understand he is a nice guy... now since I have been talking with him the first converstion I had he said I just got up the rain makes me sleep...... (it was 11:00am) I was like oh you must be off today and he said yea sort of... ok then the next day I spoke with him he was working...... on his own computer at his house....ok then I asked him well what do you do....he says I do a little bit of this and a little of that..... I want to ask him DO YOU HAVE A JOB????? I mean ok he's a nice guy but I need a man that works! I understand he works for himself, working on cars, constuction ect... but can I get involed with a man that dosen't get a pay check and does what ever??? What will that teach my boys??
Iam I crazy? or do am I thinking like a adult? it's not like we are in our 20's we are like 30 something???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Not to sound shallow but you already have kids youre taking care of,getting in a relationship with a man that has no income is like having another kid.....seriously...but its your choice.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 11:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If your friends are setting you up with him just ask them what he does.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No, I don't think you're crazy. I'm 24 and that is one of the things I look for in a man. (I'm married) but, if I were in the "market" my main requirement would be for the man to have a steady job and to have had that job for a while.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• He sounds lazy and very secretive........big red flag

zbee

Answer by zbee at 11:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• His responses sound like a red flag to me; he's being evasive, and that's never a good sign. Ask your friends what he does for a living. It's also appropriate for you to ask him specifics about what "a little of this and a little of that" mean.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Not wrong of you at all. I agree, a man needs a steady job and not a huge pile of debt. I would say Peace Out, Buddy.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Ask your friends, if they are the ones trying to hook you up hopefully they have your best interest at heart. Maybe he was in the middle of something when he made that statement. Do some detective work first.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If he works for himself he can choose the hours when he works. It doesn't mean he doesn't have income or he would be lazy. Every person is wired differently. Someone likes to work days, someone is a night owl. I actually would be happy if my SO would work from home so he could spend more time with the family. The type of thinking: someone doesn't work because they work from home is so old fashioned and not true. But if you feel like you can't trust the guy than leave it. It is better for him and for you as well.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would not get involved with this guy.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Just ask him what he does. I dont see the big deal in it. You're getting to know each other. Thats a question thats normally asked.
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2011