I feel like a jerk!

I though i was way farther along than what the U/S tech told me! Now I feel disappointed. I thought I was easily near 10 weeks, but when she said 6 weeks! I almost choked! I feel like at 6 weeks its no big deal! And that it takes forever to have the baby! I am so bummed! July 10th is my due date, and I really feel like it is sooooo far away and that I just got pregnant. I feel like im so much farther! My last period was in the second week of September and they said that that had to be wrong! Im a jerk I shouldnt be feeling this way. Should I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, there's nothing you can do about it, so I guess I'd try to let it go.

Keep in mind, though, that the ultrasound could be wrong, and you really COULD be further along than they say. It's not too likely, but how many women do you know that had their due dates change throughout pregnancy?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I feel the same way. I didnt have a period in april but the say that my due date is jan 20.But I'm a lot further then you but when they told me i felt the same way.
    Anonymous

• i dont understand y that would make u a jerk! theres nothing wrong with what u or the people said..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• FIGURATIVE SPEAKING. OKAY I FEEL AWFUL FOR FEELING THIS WAY AND THINKING THESE THINGS. SORRY.
    Anonymous

• WELL I HAD ENDED UP TAKING 4 TESTS AND 3 WERE NEGATIVE. WOW THAT IS WEIRD KNLHALL... I HAD NO PERIOD IN OCTOBER! NOW IM WORRIED!
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel on being not very far alog I am 6 weeks today!~
    It seems so far off and my daughter is asking when she can see the baby! Ha she kisses and hugs my belly this will be her second baby in the house and of course that makes it seem forever too. I got my period date wrong with the last one and fought with the nurse for 1/2 an hour when I found out with my son so feeling dissapionted is normal, Hang in there and my due date is JUly 9th =)
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You shouldn't feel that way...It's Okay...my ob was changing my due date every time i went to the doctor...so don't worry about it.Your baby will be here sooner then you think!! Congrats!!!!!
    Moneshia

Answer by Moneshia at 7:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I understand - I found out I was pregnant really early with one of my kids and thought the pregnancy would take forever- and it did, sort of.
    But it is great to find out early so you can start your prenatals, adjust your diet, cut down on caffenine, stop dangerous behavior (drinking, smoking etc) and have a super healthy start at life for your little one! Congrats : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 7:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• girl i'm like that still and i'm 13 weeks...I feel like I wanna be further and further along. When I had my first few appt's I was going to a health unit, and all they had there were nurse practitioners and they did a few ultrasounds on me and couldn't find the embryo. They were tellin me I probably had a blighted ovum. Turns out I was preggo, I went to a real doc and he found it with no problem, the women at the health unit were lookin at my bladder...and I thought i'd be 12 weeks and he told me I was only 8 weeks and 5 days so I was disappointed at that but soooo relieved I was still preggo. Hang in there time is flyin by for me! and congrats!!!!

ps- I think we're all just anxious for that baby bump or feelin the movement. Or maybe just the security that miscarriage isn't as big of a risk.
    mommy_smitha

Answer by mommy_smitha at 11:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2008