Tired of everyone saying they hope it is a boy.......

I am only 9 weeks but my in-laws who want a boy so bad keep saying they KNOW it is a boy. We have a girl and my hubby's sister has a girl so they want a boy badly. But it just makes me feel bad because if it is a girl, are they going to be disappointed? Deep down I want a boy too but it being healthy is what is most important. Should I say something, it is driving me crazy and I don't want them to set themselves up for disappointment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would just say 'well i hope its a healthy baby'
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'd tell them that they should be happy either way. I wanted a girl so desperately, and all my MIL could say was "It's going to be a boy just because you want it to be a girl so badly." And when it turned out to be a boy, I could just picture her saying "I told you so" so smugly. I'm happy because this pregnancy is going so much better than my first, and he's healthy and active. I did want a girl, but having another boy will make things easier..we won't have to buy a whole new set of clothes or nursery decorations.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Just say that u would appreciate it if they would stop saying that and just be happy for us and not love the baby any less if the baby is a girl!!! Let them know it makes u feel bad.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• OYYYY ! Same thing happened to me! I say just tell them to simmer down. They will know when he or SHE is born. Or if you decide to tell the sex. My husbands sister wanted us to have a boy and my mother in law went as far as to buy a baby blue blanket. Ughh this made me very annoyed and when we found out it was a girl I was so happy and danced with delight. When we found out she was a girl my sister in law came to the appointment and my mother in law and my sister in law didn't even say a word.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I always knew it was a girl.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• That is annoying. People get so hung up on gender. Everytime they say it is a boy just quietly add this line to that out loud....a baby is a blessing and we really don't care boy or girl as long as it is a healthy baby. Let THEM know that you are not going to guarantee anything and health is the priority here! Good luck with your baby girl OR boy!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yeah it's annoying. All that really matters is the health. You could always give them a joking refresher course and say "I'm sorry I only carry an X chromosome. If you want it to be a boy, talk to your son's sperm. We will be happy as long as it's healthy."

I feel for you when it gets closer to the ultrasound and everyone starts asking it more often.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Say something to them about it. Its too much pressure on you when you have NO control over it at all. I already have a boy and am 10 weeks with another pregnancy. Every time I say something is different than with my first pregnancy, someone inevitably says "Oh that means this ones a girl." I keep saying EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT NO MATTER THE SEX, but they keep saying it, eager to be "right" when the sex is announced. I almost want to have another boy just so they are proven wrong and will shut up!!
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• everyone said the same to me.... "hope its a boy" and "thats a boy that is" they were WRONG im having a girl lol. it did my head in too but i supose its just somethink you have to just keep shut about, its good to kno there interested in you and the baby well thats how i saw it anyway.
    nasreen19

Answer by nasreen19 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• everyone said the same to me..."i hope its a boy" or "thats a boy deffo" well they were wrong im having a girl lol, it did my head in sometimes to but i supose its just somthink you have to bite your lip about, i used to just think.... well its good to kno there interseted in the baby and me..
    nasreen19

Answer by nasreen19 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011