Does anyone know why? Period question

My friends and I where discussing that our periods seem to be heavier the older we get. Im in my late forties and I have extremely heavy cycles now. Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• Sonds like u will probably be going into menopause soon. U may be in peripause the period before menopause.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• sounds
    dancer

• Make sure you get the check ups you need because it could also indicate a problem.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my mom had very heavy periods and turns out she had tumors in her uterus. now, before i freak you out, she had other symptoms too. she passed golf-ball size blood clots with every period, had migraines with aura, and dizziness. but she waited so long to get it checked (18 years actually) she had to have a hysterectomy when i was 18. if she had went for her annual paps she may have been able to get away with just a d&c. however what you're experiencing could be normal, or the beginnings of menopause like pp said. if something isn't right though its best to go to your gyn.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Menopause id say just like mom had b4hand
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 11:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2011