Is this a good sign? Child find program

We contacted Child Find because my 3 years old DD is having problem with her language (she's bilingual) she doesn't talk in public she grunts, with frustration and with learning new things (like colors, letters, numbers), there are other things like she doesn't like to hear some sounds, and she often cries. They sent some papers to fill about our concerns and we sent them. The other day there was an ince storm and we got a voice message from the pubblic elementary school saying that the school was closed, I don't know why we got this call, did they already enrolled her for preschool? (The child find offer preschool for delayed children). I don't know why we're already in the public school system.
I was also wondering if some moms on here have a a child with the same problems my daughters has, we have an appointment with Child Find for the 1 February and I'm very nervous. Thank you!

shining8250

Asked by shining8250 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We used Child Find years ago when my oldest was barely talking at 2.5. They gave him a really thorough evaluation - verbal - both speaking and comprehension, and motor skill - fine & gross - abilities. Many verbal delays evidently also accompany motor skill delays - his were very mild and pretty much nothing compared to his verbal issues. The people were wonderful, very kind and answered all of my questions, explained things well.

He was given speech therapy and that's all he really needed. I did have to register him myself for school when he turned 3. By the time he was 6 you could barely tell that he had issues. Now, at turning 13, no one would ever suspect that he was speech delayed.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2011