How is the new year going for you?

The new year is not going well at all for me. My father-in-law had been having seizures which eventually led to quadruple bi-pass surgery, got him back home and was taking care of him and my MIL. On Monday we had to take him back to the ER as he had fluid in his lungs and later the CT revealed 2 blood clots in the lungs...MIL and I went to Walmart yesterday for groceries (Thursday) and she collapsed on me...had to call 911. So now, I have both of the them in the hospital and of course they are not in the same one....whew! I am tired...and hoping some good news will come soon. I hope all of you are having a better start to 2011. :-)

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 11:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, mine's off a pretty crappy start. Hoping it will be all on the upswing from here...for you too.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:56 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm with you. 2011 could be a lot better.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Pretty good!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Wow. Those two could use a break from health issues! It's good that they have you around to make sure they get the care they need. All the best to them!!

2011 is going poorly financially, but otherwise it's going well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It's going well enough considering that I've been sick for most of it with the cold from h*ll. Both DH and I were sick for my birthday. I finally felt a little better then caught another cold and DS1 has the flu.

But at least we have a roof over our heads, DH still has his job and we have amazing health insurance.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• so far so good, but hard financially. not that that was a surprise though...
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sorry mama, I hope it gets much better. You are an angel for taking care of them, God bless you!
    My year has been amazing so far! I am convinced it's going to be the best year ever, I have given my life to God this year, and although I may fail every single day at doing that, I am still going to try and I am so excited to see where God is going to take me and my family this year!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Wow I hope everything starts to look up for you. That is a lot to deal with at one time. Well I was at the hospital recently but with both of my daughters that were having babies on the same day. That has certainly brought some joy to the house. One of the babies' siblings are acting up because they want to be the baby again. So we are dealing with sibling rivalry all over again.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2011