Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do you become an ECI worker?

Or whatever it is in your state. The early childhood intervention people.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • Call the local office and ask...

    Answer by rkoloms at 11:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

  • I agree with rkoloms. Just call and ask. I am sure most of the positions would require a degree.

    Answer by Snewo at 1:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

  • To be a classroom aide only requires a high school diploma and of course, a detailed state and federal background check which includes fingerprinting. The pay for an aide is typically in the $8-12/hour range. To be a teacher/co-teacher, typically called Paraprofessional or Associate teacher would require a 4 year degree or a high school diploma PLUS special certification in an Early Childhood education specialty--preferably with an emphasis on special education.

    Look at the school district's website or Early Intervention program website for job openings and applications. The specific requirements will be listed.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 5:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Trouble or no?

Next question overall (Relationships)
Guy friends