How long after your IUD comes out are you supposed to get your period back????

My IUD fell out 3 weeks ago today and I have not had a period or any signs of it coming. Does it usually take time to come back?

Strangemama28

Asked by Strangemama28 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• It can take up to a year for your cycle to get back to normal. If you haven't had one in the next 4 weeks, i would go in to the doctor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My doc took mine out and he told me if I didn't get it in 3 months to come back. I however got mine 3 days after it was out. I would call your doctor. GL
    mommyIam08

Answer by mommyIam08 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Wow really? I had no idea. Well I will wait it out through next week then give the office a call. I just didn't know if it is normal or if there is a possible baby aboard.
    Strangemama28

Comment by Strangemama28 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• me i got mine taken out in 08 and it took a year to come back. every woman is different
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Ok so dumb question if you don't have a period that means you can't get pg again right?
    Strangemama28

Comment by Strangemama28 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2011