ALL I WANT IS CANDY CANDY CANDY! YUM!

IM IN THE FIRST TRIMESTER AND I DONT WANT ANYTHIG TO EAT AT ALL BUT CANDY! ITS AWFUL. NOTHING SOUNDS RIGHT, AND NO IM NOT PUKING OR NAUSEOUS I JUST DONT WANT ANYTHING TO EAT BUT CANDY!

HOW CAN I GET THROUGH THIS IMPORTNANT TIME OF MY BABY'S DEVELOPMENT. WHAT TO DO?? I WONT EAT ANYTHING ELSE! AND IM NEVER LILKE THIS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Guess you just have to do it anyway. Its a good thing you're not nautious so you can just make yourself eat.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 6:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Maybe you'd feel better about eating the candy if you used it as a way to "reward" yourself for eating properly. Tell yourself you can have the candy, but only after you eat some sort of healthy meal or item.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would say there is something in the candy that your baby is wanting or needing from it. When people crave things Like Ice cream and pickles they need nutriants from those things. MMaybe there is something in candy that the baby is needing. As for not eating I am right there wih you, I am forcing myself to eat atleast a sandwhich or something to keep up my streangth because I am really tired all the time! Good Luck
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i was also like that all i was eatting was candy but that will all change as you get further along.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yeah I was totally into Sourpatch kids there for a while; heck, they sound good now... But I am trying to stay away from candy as much as possible as well. You are going to have to find an alternative or just eat it in moderation (how can you eat candy in moderation? I know..it's hard to do...) Do something like candied yams, or have rice krispy treats in moderation.. (again, I know, I can eat a whole batch myself!) Or heck even muffins of some sort... totally bites I know...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 7:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I agree with previous post, a little treat as a reward is ok- but only candy is a very bad idea. Especially if your eating chocolate which is high in caffeine which you are suppose to have only a very small amount if any. I understand cravings but sometimes you have to fight them and eat what is good for you.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 7:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Try some fruit, or yogurt. I ate a lot of gummy worms when i was pregnant with my first child...gained 50 lbs.....YIKES!!
    Jennifer91501

Answer by Jennifer91501 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• girl I craved candy too! Just now coming down from my sugar stage...lucky you I was sick all the time! Just do your best to eat protein and calcium and you should be ok if your takin your vitamins =D!
    mommy_smitha

Answer by mommy_smitha at 11:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• All I wanted was gummy bears! :)
    math_mom2

Answer by math_mom2 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• haha, i was the same way. I went through 4 boxes of See's candy (I also gained 8 lbs. in one month and was lectured by my Doc about it). Try eating sweet stuff that isn't candy like yogurt, pudding, fruit, smoothies, etc. YOu want to get some nutrition, but this stage should pass. It passed for me and I bet you're having a girl!
    Anonymous