do you think.....

it would be crazy to have my kid's birthday parties together? it would start next year, my dd will be turning 6 and ds 3 and i was thinking about doing their parties together since their bdays are 3 weeks apart....at somewhere like pump it up....thoughts?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that is a great idea, just get them individual cakes and make sure they both still feel special about their birthday.....my sons are 13 and 5 and i did a combined party once...it was economical and actually alot of my sons friends had younger siblings, it was great!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My birthday was 2 weeks from my cousin's. I always hated not having a special day just for me. It always had to be shared with someone else.

I would say in the mind of a parent it would be easier but for a child, they each want to feel special.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sure why not. I dont know what "pump it up" is but Im assuming its a kid based party place. As long as it catters to both ages and you will have extra help geared towards those ages.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I think it is a really bad idea. One of them will feel that this is the other child's birthday party. that she doesn't count. And the other thing: how do you want to manage that much 6 and 3-year-olds under one roof? They need different entertainment and different attention. Plus you have to deal twice as much parents if the parents stays. But it is your decision. Ask the children first though.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• no bad idea... kids hate that lol.... its like christmas n their bday together... my sister hated that. a bday is about them. they each need their own special day
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No I think not they are Far apart in age.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• well i'll have to ask my dd then....my brother and i were born 3 days apart and always shared bdays and it didn't bother us
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yeah, I dont know if I would do this EVERY single year, but for one specific special place, I might consider it
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:56 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Oops I think you know what I trying to say. The answer is NO!

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Not a bad item as long as you do something special for each one. My daughters birthdays are 4 days apart. My youngest is April 1st and my oldest is April 5th. We celebrate on the day of their birthday - just us with Grandparents. I make a cake for one and brownies for the other - 2 cakes would be to much. I rotate it each year and they love it. Then I do one big birthday party for them together. I invite family and friends, the same people would be coming to both so I figure why not just do one big party. Lots of food - cake - ice cream. Everyone is happy. They feel special because on their actual birthday we celebrate and then on the weekend we do a big party. On the day of there birthday I decorate the whole house with banners, balloons, streamers, I go all out. We eat their favorite food all day long. I make whatever they want for meals and snacks, the day is all about them.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2011