how can i help my stretchmarks fade faster?

i have dark stretch marks, and i want them to fade , does anyone have any suggestions?

AudlyLuvly

Asked by AudlyLuvly at 6:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• GO TANNING i know people dont believe this but trust and believe i had the worst stretch marks and half of them you cant even see anymore......
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 7:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Use Mederma. You can but it anywhere. I would suggest Walmart if you have one nearby because it will be a bit cheaper there. It will be between $10-$20 a tube. You will have to use it numerous times a day for at least 6 months to see the true effects. Also, in the meantime use sunless tanner or go to a salon to use the Mystic tanning to cover them up till they fade more. Tanning will make the stretch marks stand out more.

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i don't tan anyways!! i'm waaaaaay too white.. i just burn...
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 7:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• cinderella 72 i am living proof that tanning doesnt make the stretch marks stand out more........ so thats bullshit go see a dermatologist they will tell you the same thing
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 8:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Honestly, I think it varies from person to person...

I'd say rozepyle was lucky. Even if your stretchmarks take on some color, they're still not going to match your skin! Moisturizer and time are your best methods, though new products are coming out all the time, something is bound to work sometime!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I agree with the tanning thing..it makes them fade temporarilly..i have a ton of stretch marks too....i did go to see my dermatologist and she said that it might work for laser therapy....only it has to be done while the stretch marks are still dark...mine are light so i'm stuck with them...but don't forget that you got a wonderful child and to me, thats more important than any stretch marks!!
    jesikah1276

Answer by jesikah1276 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• HEY FORGET TANNING IT CAUSES CANCER. MY NAME IS CHARLENA JOHNSON AND I AM AN AVON REPRESENTATIVE.THERE IS A PRODUCT CALLED ANEW CLINICAL PROFESSIONAL STRETCH MARK SMOOTHER. IT VISIBLY REDUCE STRETCH MARKS IN 2 WEEKS SERIOUSLY!
    CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE AT- WWW.YOURAVON.COM/SJOHNSON7769 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
    MS.AVON1

Answer by MS.AVON1 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I have been using BioOil and it's doing a great job so far.
    kg1219

Answer by kg1219 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 17, 2008