Is this a clue?

Would you be concerned if you saw that your daughter was picking 'I kissed a Girl' for her ipod music????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Could she perhaps just like the song?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No, its just a song.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Only concerned for her crappy taste in music!
    That song is super-trendy. It's not strictly a gay thing, if that's what you're worried about.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My daughter picked it also and I'm not worried .... mostly because my teen son sings it (he gets the meaning) so she thinks it's about a boy saying he kissed a girl. You're probably reading too much into it.
    Anonymous

• No. It's an annoying song, but it's popular. When I was a teen I liked to listen to Tone Loc (Wild Thang and Funky Cold Medina); it didn't mean I was actually all that wild. It was popular and I thought I was cool if I listened to it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• its better then, "I whip my hair back and forth", by WIllow Smith,,,lol, just kidding. That song drives me crazy! I wouldnt worry about it, but if you find it offensive, just say no
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have wonder the same thing about "take it off" and "tic tok", "California girls" . The words are pretty crude they talk about ass checks hanging out and drinking and sex and all kinds of things but she loves the beat the music not the words the music. I wouldn't worry unless there are other signs of interest in the same sex.
    Strangemama28

Answer by Strangemama28 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No..its a good song.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my boys love the song too they are 4 & 5, I think at that age they like the beat and it's a song that it up beat! My boys also like womanizer 7 paparazzi, so am I to judge....lol
    NothinShockin

Answer by NothinShockin at 12:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Psst! It's just a catchy song. But really not especially appropriate (as a lot of other songs are not appropriate) for young children.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011