What am I goning to do???

My 4 year old has been acting up in school (head start) and acting up at home too. This morning he tried to sneek in bed with me I told him No and pushed him off the bed...... When we were up finally down stairs he was sitting on the floor and said i have to pee... and just pissed in his clothing on the floor didn't even try to get up to use the bathroom.... I was about to kill him pissing on my rug, he knows better! he has been using the toilet for over 2 years WTF?

I spoke with the bus driver and she said that his teacher at school said she has been having allot of problems with him, but nothing has been stated to me about it.

I wonder if my sister and nephew came to stay with us for the past 3 months and they are finally moving out has anything to do with it? he dosen't like my sister at all. I don't know what to do???

NothinShockin

Asked by NothinShockin at 12:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wow, everybody back down Did you read what her son is doing to her when he does come into bed with her? He is four and is stressed out. Every single one of you have had to deal with your child wanting your attention when it is invested in something else like SLEEP.
    Her boy has been running in and jumping and putting his head into her face....that is her wake up call.
    She isnt neglecting him, he is being FOUR!
    Nothing Shocking, dont listen to some of these gals. Some tend to not look at the big picture in a case like this and jump to negivtive conclusions.
    Are you responsible for your kido ! yes, you are. We all are responsible for our children......do our little darlings become hard to deal with at times? yes they do. Do they react to moms feelings and strees? yes they do.
    Do we as HUMANS end up dealing with circumstances that are unfavorable and stressful for ourselves and our families? YES!
    Geez, ladies calm down
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 2:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would find out exactly what is going on at school. He is acting out,questionis why.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you pushed your son out of your bed??? says a lot about Mom ...maybe your son longs for some attachment you are not giving him and so is acting out at home and in school...
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 12:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• maybe it's to do with the fact that he has a mother that pushes him off the bed when he tried to get close to her.

Anonymous

• cud you try asking him whats wrong.. Its not like his acting out to hurt you, he mite be having problems at school, go talk to his teacher and sit down with your son and try find out how his feeling.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 7:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Sudden behaviour problem and peeing in the pants can be caused by stress, abuse (physical or psychical). It can be from your sister moving out. When there are major change around a child he can act out of his behaviour. I would talk to the teacher and my son what is going on. But  weeing in the pants means really bad. He doesn't feel safe (that's why he went into your room). You pushed him away, he went down and peed in his pants (worrying about something). Maybe he is worried that if your sister moves out you will move out as well. Or maybe your sister did something to him, or there is someone in the school doing something with your child. But there is something serious up. If he won't tell it to you I would recommend a counsellor.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• somebody wants attention and now!That is why he is doing this stuff.After all gets back to normal.And i'd let him in bed if he wanted to every now and then.Why would you push him out???You just missed an opportunity to cuddle and find out whats wrong???
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• pushed him out is a figure of speach.... we cuddle every night after dinner and snuggle on the couch..... we are so close, we love on each other allot always huging and lots of kisses! he is my baby! but when he gets in my bed he trows his head on my face and flopps around and tends to be really ruogh when I am in a deep sleep. I didn't literally push him figure of speach.....every night I have to wake up with him on top of me I have to pick him up every night and walk him back to his bed.... we are very loving family, i wonder if I have been babying him too much......
    NothinShockin

Comment by NothinShockin (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The added people in your home could indeed be the problem. Talk to the teacher and come up with a plan to help him.  Have a quiet, loving, talk with him and ask what is bothering him (although he may not be able to tell you exactly).  It might just be that he feels left out with so much going on.  Make sure you spend one on one time with him often.  GL!!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It's a combination of everything.
    School, wanting attention, not getting attention RIGHT AWAY, having people move out.
    His little system is on over-load pure and simple.
    Reassure him that MOM is going no-where and that you love him and that yes, school is a big, and sometimes scary place...also find out how exactly he is acting out in school and if it coinsided with your sister leaving!
    Relax mom too...if your wondering if it has to do with loving him...I truely get the impression that you do or you wouldn't be asking for help on C.M :)
    He just needs some reassurance for awhile.
    But if it keeps up longer than what YOU are truely comfortable with or if his behaviour becomes violent than you may want to check with your pediatrician.
    Good Luck Mom. :)
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2011