Is it ok to drink caffeine free pepsi while pregnant?

Izabellasmami

Asked by Izabellasmami at 12:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes. Just not diet.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Pop isnt the best while pregnant only because of some chemicals they use in making of cola.. But if you are to drink some I agree with the post above me "no diet".. It has aspertame which isnt good for developing baby.
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 12:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Thank you for the answers! I did drink one diet coke weeks ago, i didnt know i should not drink diet drinks. Could that one time affected my baby?
    Thanks :)
    Izabellasmami

Comment by Izabellasmami (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i cheated both time i was pregnant and had some caffiene and probably even a diet drink or so and had no problems.
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Good to hear that thanks for your answer!
    Izabellasmami

Comment by Izabellasmami (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Oh no one time won't hurt you or the baby. It's just that artificial sweeteners in general are best avoided. My high risk OB told me if you drink soda don't drink diet. I trust him 150% so I was cool with it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I drank soda threw out most of my 3 pregnancies and my boys are perfectly healthy. And it was diet on top of that. Unless you have some kind of health problem you'll be just fine as long as your not attaching an iv to your arm with it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My doc's told me to limit my caffeine while pregnant. I did stay away from it while pregnant with my daughter, but I drank maybe two or three glasses of tea a week while pregnant with my son. My sister drank dr. pepper all of the time while pregnant with her youngest because that was the only thing she could keep down and her baby turned out fine.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011